Non-spoilery thoughts on BSG episode: Holy info-dump, I have to think about all that for a bit. Also, next episode please. I waaaaaaaaaaaant to knoooow everything. *whines*
It's my birthday in a week. Huh. Also, we don't really do Valetine's Day here, but I send you all a hearty dose of non-romantic love still. Because that is also an awesome kind. And flu is almost gone, hurrah!
- Sometimes, after having done modding over at T&C, I am so in the mindset of it I want to mod the rest of the Internets. This is very silly, because modding is really a bitch of a job and you'd go insane from that much work. Unless you were Judge Judy. She could mod the Internets.
- it's like so many fandom fanfic debates all over. One is anon and fairly frank in the reviews, other is signed and as stated in the info, 'every fic is nominated because someone loves it'. I think I've run across versions of this in just about every fandom I've been in. And me, I always tend to end up defending someone's right to review a fanfic not favourably too (withough necessarily agreeing with that review at all). Not to stir shit or be intentionally mean, but because when you post in public, public reactions come with. It can suck to deal with critisism, no doubt, but not even the greatest writer is safe from opinion. Learn to live with it.
- Sign I am sad Adama/Roslin fangirl - it makes me a bit sad there is no ship_manifesto
entry for them. I'd totally write one, except I am bad at OTP and would need a partner. Also, I need to stop making up theories in my head for how the show will end without either dying, because it is also sad. I'm too attached. Sniff.
- Why was there uncut corset-and-BJ porn on my flist? Not that I have anyone to hide what I am reading from (I don't think the cat cares), but I was trying to nibble on a cookie and it made it all wrong. LJ-cut is your friend, porn. Your very good and intimate friend.
- Doctor Who fandom, helpful facts to keep in mind when writing Norway in your D/R stuff: 1) We speak English here. Yes, Norwegian is the native language, but we all learn English in school, and while not all will be great at it, we're not Swedish Chef. Really
. The only ones who might not speak English will be those born before WWII. Additionally, a lot of people will speak either German, French or Spanish. Rose will be able to communicate with Norwegians without amusing hand-gestures. 2) Norway is actually only a small country population-wise. Size-wise, we are as big as Germany and stretch out a lot more. Bergen is actually a fair distance from Oslo, okay? 3) I know it's alt-verse, but normal Norway does NOT have polar bears roaming freely on the mainland and a warmer alt-verse is unlikely to be different.
- Reading reviews for Dollhouse is kinda making me not want to watch it. I was never on the Joss fanboat anyway, so blah. Maybe it will improve and I'll watch it for Helo. If Fox cancels it within a few weeks, I am not even trying, though.
- How many reality shows are there out there? Best hairdresser? Cowboy-version of The Bachelor? Pussycat Dolls makes a all woman's group? The Apprentice, P. Diddy style? Seriously, haven't the genre just about died a painfully, prolonged death already? These sure feels like zombies.
I am writing on fanfic. As you do.( Adama/Roslin, post-No Exit )( 'Life's a Time Machine', 10.5/Rose )( 'Humans Don't Dream of Gallifreyan Sheep', Doctor, Donna )
I also just have a summary of a fic in my head - Bill is falling in love.Lee is trying to fall out of.
- some sort of Adamas and love thing with Adama/Roslin and maybe some Kara/Lee for Saz. But I don't know yet.
What's up with you all?